Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

25 Book Standard folders

The 25 book standard folders should have went home with your child today. In order to make it easy for everyone I put the book log in the middle and put a variety of different reports in the back. Your child does NOT have to do a book report for each book that he or she reads.

In order to make it easy for everyone I would like to recommend that we follow these guidelines:

3 AR books may go on the log per grading period. Your child must score 5/5 to add that book to the log.
The remainder of the books must have some sort of response. You may choose to have your child complete one of the book report forms or do a creative response of his/her own choosing.

I know I was late getting this to you so never fear, I will help in any way I can. If you allow your child to bring the folder to school we can work on adding to the log during free time and class time.

I know that this is something new and confusing for you, I feel the same way! This is meant to be fun and enjoyable for your child. If you find that it is getting to be too much please take a break! If you read one outside book a week during a grading period your child will be well on his/her way to achieving success. I will make certain that I help your child get 6 books logged for the first 9 weeks.

Thank you for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment